Best areas to live in York?

(3 Posts)
aculturalmess Sat 12-Oct-19 10:13:30

Hello ladies!
After our visit earlier this month, me and my husband are discussing the idea of moving from London to York. Has anyone done that move before? Are you happy with the move? Please share details. I'm a big city girl and my husband is a small town boy... York seems to satisfy us both... For those of you who know/live there, what are the best areas to live?

Thank you in advance!!

OP’s posts: |
Differentusername Fri 18-Oct-19 13:48:35

We did this move three years ago and I’d be happy for you to send me a PM if you want to have more of a chat. The South Bank/Bishopthorpe Road has a lot going for it - lovely high street with nice coffee shops and an easy walk into town or to the station. Less of a leap from London life. The houses tend not to have big gardens though and we really wanted to be on the doorstep of a really good state secondary school so we chose Fulford instead. We have a well-sized garden and can still walk/cycle into town or to Bishopthorpe Road but there are fewer really local shops/cafes.

emmag175 Tue 29-Sep-20 18:37:08

Hi.. We are considering this move ourselves.. from London to York. How is it going for you and your families? Thanks

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in