Talk

Advanced search

Swanage vs Blandford Forum

(2 Posts)
LauraRo Thu 03-Oct-19 11:07:50

I've posted about this before but we have now narrowed down our options and are seeking opinions. My partner got headhunted for a job in Poole and we are currently looking to relocate from Stroud, Gloucs to be nearer him. We have found two schools/preschools we like with spaces. We have found two houses to rent that we can afford and are near enough to the said schools. One is in Swanage. The other is in Blandford Forum. We have two girls aged 3 and 6. If anyone has any experience of living in either of these places or perspectives on them please help us choose! The girls are both active in extra curriculars - gymnastics, swimming, football, drama, mindfulness (I know) - and we'd like to get as many straight swaps as possible. All I care about is getting another allotment - just had an ugly cry over leaving my one here! We love where we live now as there is a lot of arts and culture, a really good sense of community, but also access to the countryside. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Buyitinbamboo Thu 03-Oct-19 11:11:18

I don't live in either so apologies if my comment is irrelevent but I stay in Blandford for a week every year since I was 2 and go to swanage a lot too. I would personally live in Blandford, it means you are central to so many lovely places (Poole, Swanage, Weymouth, Bournemouth, Salisbury). Swanage also gets so so busy in the summer, I am not sure I could live there during at time.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »