Talk

Advanced search

BBC Radio

(2 Posts)
alexfyans Thu 29-Aug-19 12:27:56

Hello all!

I'm a producer at BBC Radio Berkshire and am looking for some stories for our Friday night parenting show 'Mums Without Makeup'.

Please comment below if you've ever had to tell a white lie to your children to get them to do totally normal things. grin

Thanks in advance! x

Bluffinwithmymuffin Thu 29-Aug-19 15:28:55

Don’t know if this counts, but I remember my them ds 8 wanting attention because he said he had cramp in his leg; I wanted to get him off to bed so I said bed rest/ sleep was the answer..... not long afterwards he was complaining about cramp again when I wanted to get him up and out so I said exercise would cure it... unfortunately he remembered my completely contradictory advice from before.

When my 3 were very small I used to tell them from early November that Santa’s elves and fairies were out looking for naughty children; I used to point to a far corner and say look, there’s one- oh, you weren’t quick enough. They believed it for a while smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »