Talk

Advanced search

Moving to christchurch from Greater London

(3 Posts)
Looking2Move Tue 27-Aug-19 11:00:04

Just back from a lovely holiday in Weymouth and we fell in love with Dorset. We have an autistic DS who loves the sea so have been talking for a while to move... We think we've found our place in christchurch. DH and I will have to find work too.
We also have a DD who's about to start primary. I wonder if anyone knows or gas moved to christchurch with young children and if they know of any good schools and areas to live.
We will be visiting again to scope out the nice roads, but plan to rent there and rent our house in London for a year to get settled before we buy.
Will post also on the SEN site for advice on special schools in the area.
TIA

sleepismysuperpower1 Tue 27-Aug-19 11:15:47

Highcliffe is in the borough of Christchurch and is lovely. its a 10 minute drive from Christchurch centre, but it's right on the beach and it's got its own shops etc. in terms of schools, it has a primary and secondary school. there is also a SEN school for autistic pupils called portflield school, and they take kids from ages 3-19. its located a 20 minute drive from highcliffe. all the best x

Looking2Move Tue 27-Aug-19 12:09:00

Thanks sleepismysuperpower1
We will definitely check this info out so appreciate you letting me know.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »