Talk

Advanced search

Barnet nurseries

(9 Posts)
ann12 Wed 18-Jul-07 17:52:09

Hallo Barnet Mums

Can anyone recommend me a good nursery in the area? I've been to St Margarets but it was too big and scary and Nightingale which was a bit little and scary, and I want to know where else there is! We're new to the area, and my son is 2.5.

Thank you!

biscuitbiscuit Fri 20-Jul-07 20:45:13

I'm looking for one myself! Have heard great things about Nightingale from another mum I know, but that's about it!

My little girl goes to nursery in Golders Green - it's too far away so I'm looking for somewhere nearer.

boo64 Sat 21-Jul-07 18:50:06

Laurel Way is meant to be fab.

biscuitbiscuit Wed 01-Aug-07 08:34:02

thanks! I checked out Laurel Way on your recommendation - it's got outstanding Ofsteds. unfortunately they close at 3pm which wouldn't work for us

boo64 Wed 01-Aug-07 22:45:59

Is whetstone too far?

There is one in East Barnet that's good too according to friends - can't remember the name of it but if you are closeish to there I can look it up. Baby brain still (and ds is 2 so I'm going to have to stop using that excuse soon)!

biscuitbiscuit Thu 02-Aug-07 16:03:28

Whetstone is perfect. East Barnet possibly a bit far...

hey, baby brain is still a legitimate excuse until your kids are teenagers at least ;)

boo64 Thu 02-Aug-07 21:37:48

But what about when they leave home - will I still be able to manage it then!??!

Ok Whetstone - Magic Daycare - Grange View Road. My ds goes there.

East Barnet - Headstart - meant to be really good

Albertsmum Wed 08-Aug-07 23:20:35

Mt two go to Scribbles on Hertford Road in East Finchley - just south of the north circular. Albert (the older one) is their longest serving inmate as he has been there since they opened in 2004. They have both been very happy there and they are open 8 til 6.

LornaL Fri 10-Aug-07 14:47:06

Head Start is actually in New Barnet - on Station Road, about 2 mins from the Odeon junction. My 2.75 year old goes there and loves it. Is a day nursery but does do half day sessions.

L

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »