Talk

Advanced search

Moving to cheltenham

(5 Posts)
bruhaha Mon 06-May-19 21:47:23

Needing advice. Moving to the area - from outside the UK. Is it a nice place? Looking at renting in battledown area. Would you recommend cheltenham?

AltasCloud Mon 01-Jul-19 18:37:13

Cheltenham is a lovely town. It has good and bad areas like everywhere, but the town is generally friendly and there's always lots going on.

We have famous festivals (Literature, Jazz, Science...) and a racecourse which brings thousands of tourists every March locals hate the traffic this week.

There's loads of shopping, restaurants, pubs, theaters etc. Cheltenham is great transport wise for getting everywhere; Bristol and Birmingham airports are both 1hr away and London is 2 hours by train (or 2.5hrs by National Express).

What specifically would you like to know?

TheJoxter Mon 01-Jul-19 18:42:01

It’s lovely, I live in a smaller town fairly close to Cheltenham and it’s a place where I’ll choose to go for a day because I like it, rather than because there’s something specific I need to do there iyswim

bruhaha Sun 21-Jul-19 17:31:43

Sorry - just saw your replies. We did rent a house in cheltenham but couldn't get either sons in to schools. Also eldest is currently in yr6 and high school & council were inflexible and want him to go in to yr8 bcos of his DOB. We've got them schools in Evesham and now looking at housing their. It's been a bloody nightmare!

bruhaha Sun 21-Jul-19 17:31:44

Sorry - just saw your replies. We did rent a house in cheltenham but couldn't get either sons in to schools. Also eldest is currently in yr6 and high school & council were inflexible and want him to go in to yr8 bcos of his DOB. We've got them schools in Evesham and now looking at housing their. It's been a bloody nightmare!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »