Talk

Advanced search

Bromley/Orpington based book group looking for new members

(2 Posts)
EleanorRugby Wed 06-Mar-19 12:21:00

I am a member of a local book group and we are looking for new members. I joined the book group five years ago when I was a SAHM with pre-school children and I really enjoyed getting out and meeting new people and chatting about other things that were not child or baby related! When I joined we were a group of about 12 members, male and female, but due to illness and people moving out of the area our numbers have dwindled to 7 and we are now a group of ladies aged between 40 to 70 years of age. We are open to new members of any age or gender.

We meet once a month, usually on the first Monday of each month. We meet at 8pm in a pub local to Bromley/Orpington and every 4 months or so we meet in a restaurant (again local to Bromley/Orpington). We take it in turns to choose the book each month and any genre is allowed (except chick lit). At meetings we chat about the book and other issues, we are a friendly and supportive group. We are also flexible and don’t always expect everyone to be able to read or finish the book each month, as we know that life often gets in the way of reading!

If anyone is interested please let me know and I can send you further details.

Thank you

UnmadeRoad1 Wed 13-Mar-19 23:11:18

Hi I'm interested, please do let me have more details. Thanks!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »