Talk

Advanced search

Moving to Devon

(5 Posts)
Leeann0091 Thu 07-Feb-19 15:30:43

Hi there I am looking to move to Devon this year, but want to move somewhere that is good for families. I have a baby daughter so would like somewhere that has lots for her to do, with good schools/nurseries etc but also for me to attend mum groups and things to make local friends. I would like to be near the beach ideally, but dont want to be stuck in a village in the middle of nowwhere. I dont currently drive, although hoping that will change soon, so somewhere where transport is available regular, even in winter would be great. Was thinking of Exmouth? Any thoughts? Thanks

sleepismysuperpower1 Thu 07-Feb-19 17:41:19

what about Torquay? there is a train station and bus service, as well as lots to do with kids, eg there is a stay and play group for 0-5 year olds. you are also very near a beach.

as for the nursery and school, these are the local ones:

nursery - rated outstanding

school- you have to contact torquay council however as they arrange the admissions for schools

ineedaholidaynow Thu 07-Feb-19 21:15:35

Exmouth has a train station, so you have easy access to Exeter if you can’t drive.

Don’t know anything about the schools, apart from the fact that the secondary school is one of the largest in the country (not that you have to think about that for a long time, if your daughter is only a baby)

Djiini Sat 09-Feb-19 13:04:53

Have a look at Honiton.

It has a good range of shops and a train station. It is not far from Exeter or Exeter airport and the motorway.

It is also easy to take the bus to the coast and has a nice range of community stuff going on.

Exmouth has always been nice to visit but it is now being made into a money centric resort for visitors and it is, quite literally, the end of the line

roryuk Mon 04-Nov-19 13:43:10

Have you considered Cranbrook? Lots of young families located here and baby groups. Great schools and a train station for a short 10 minute journey into Exeter. My house is currently for sale and is a short walk from the local primary:

www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-73701682.html

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »