Talk

Advanced search

Single parent information in Brighton/Sussex area

(1 Post)
sastrugi Fri 29-Jun-07 09:48:11

Hi
I run an information, advice and signposting service from my kitchen here in Brighton. It is run by all volunteer single parents. I started this when I found it immensely difficult to be on my own with two children, one from birth and the older son 15 months at the time.

We have a yahoo group too to send out regular information and hope to start sending text messages to people about events.

We have had funding from Sport Relief for both the parent and their children and I hope to get other funds to administer on their behalf.

We have members in Bognor, Worthing, Lewes, Hasings, Newhaven etc as well as locally to Brighton & Hove. I am keen to develop satellite yahoo groups so if anyone is interested in developing one locally in Sussex that would be fantasitc.

We have lots of information about local and national organisations all sitting on my computer but hope it will be on a website this year that will allow you to search using categories such as funding, mental health, sport etc

If anyone would like to join SPIN for free please get in touch with me or ask to join via the group. We also do meet up in ad hoc fashion at existing events - 14 families went to the Global Fusion music festival at Herstmonceux a couple of weeks ago.

Look forward to hearing from any single parent (men and women) to wish to join. We also encourage the ex-partner to join as we think that support for the man (usually ex-husband/partner) can help the family too. For example if they know about events going on they have places to take the children to give mothers time off. If there are any issues relating to this we would ALWAYS give preference to the person with the main care of the children.

speak to you soon
Joanna Gurr
SPIN (Single Parent Information Network)
Garden flat, 151 Ditchling Rise, Brighton, BN1 4QQ
01273 675773/07821 974009
email: admin@spins.org.uk
SPIN's onlinegroup : http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SPINBrighton

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »