Talk

Advanced search

Moving to Sheffield with regular London commute

(1 Post)
MindDisco Sun 16-Dec-18 20:56:06

Hi

I was born in Sheffield and grew up close by but have lived in London now for over ten years. I know the areas I grew up in but that was a very long time ago and I'm sure a lot has changed.

I've recently got a much more flexible job with the idea to buy our first house in Sheffield and commute to London for 1-2 days a week, and the remainder working from home. My partner will do similar

We've got a budget of up to £350k and are first time buyers that like old houses instead of new builds. Looking for a minimum of 3/4 bedrooms (we need office space for working at home). Looking to start a family within 1-2 years of moving.

Does anyone have any areas they would recommend within that price range and also that would enable a quick journey to the train station? I don't drive, so was thinking being on the tram route would make getting to a 7am train a bit quicker. I'm worried about relying on buses, but maybe I've been in London traffic too long.

Any recommendations gratefully received. I'm really looking forward to coming home and being closer to my family.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: