Talk

Advanced search

Orchard house prep 2017-2018 result - what happened?

(4 Posts)
imarshmallowyou Thu 06-Dec-18 19:05:18

Hello

I'm doing some research on orchard house, CBPP and Heathfield for my daughter. And the exit result for 2017-2018 was significantly worse than the previous years, like less than half of the usual proportion having progressed to the very selective secondaries. I think I heard that there were some teachers leaving around that time, but I'm not actually sure if it's true and if it was the cause. I like the school but find it hard to decide on that school without understanding what happened and knowing that it's not going to happen again and again....

Maybe someone can help me understand...!

Thank you

imarshmallowyou Thu 03-Jan-19 13:43:12

Bump! Anyone has any idea??

DancingbytheRiver Wed 09-Jan-19 23:22:11

Post in Primary Education section? i have seen some Chiswick posters there

Fridaynightiscavanight Sat 02-Mar-19 22:51:47

Orchard House is a non selective school so the results are going to be different every year. Unlike some other schools in the area, they do not cream off the most academic. My DS attends and is very happy, lots of sport and this year, the children in his Y6 class have done very well with many getting into the top academic schools. I haven't known the teachers to leave mid year unless they are pregnant but there are lots of male teachers too.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: