Talk

Advanced search

Moving to Surrey

(4 Posts)
Hillary17 Sun 25-Nov-18 16:36:45

My partner has just been promoted to a role that will mean he now spends 2/3 days a week near Woking. He’s always expressed a desire to move down south; for him it’s better prospects, better salary and he loved working in London. I’m not so sure and have so far managed to put him off, but I think this promotion puts moving back on the table! My best friend does live in Surey last year and loves it but it would be a huge change for me. My roots are very much inbedded in Yorkshire! All of my family are here, career and friends etc. We also rent a lovely 3 bed Victorian semi for £700 a month!

Has anyone made a big move from the north to Surrey? How did you find it? Are there areas to stay away from? What are we looking at in terms of rental costs for a house? Any experience / thoughts would be much appreciated. At the minute the idea terrifies me!

Singlenotsingle Sun 25-Nov-18 16:42:35

Surrey is beautiful but do research the area! Guildford is nice but soooo expensive!!!

Singlenotsingle Sun 25-Nov-18 16:43:28

Have a look on Rightmove Rentals for cost of renting shock

SugarandVinegar Sun 25-Nov-18 16:51:15

Look on it as an adventure, Yorkshire will still be there when you've had your fill of moving about. Go on, take the plunge op. smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »