Talk

Advanced search

Christ's College Finchley

(1 Post)
schooldiva Fri 05-Oct-18 17:45:47

We are deciding on secondary school places for ds for next Sept. Christ's College Finchley is top of the list for us but I don't know any parents who currently have a child there. I'd really like some reassurance from someone that knows the school.

For us it's a toss up between CCF and SMSJ.
I like CCF because
- the head is great and had improved the results year on year since he started with 25% now getting straight A/A*
- it still has a broad curriculum with art, DT, food tech, drama, music, computer science and PE all featuring - which I hope will mean he enjoys school.
- it has loads of space and onsite PE facilities and a yr 7 courtyard for transition

I would really appreciate hearing from anyone who knows the school. Is it really as good as it seems? Do they do the three drama productions a year that they promise. Does Robot club - that they promote so much - really take place and how hard is it to get a place? Do they get much homework? Are the clever ones stretched? Are the boys well rounded and confident once they finish there?

I like SMSJ too but would rather they had more enrichment and more space.

Thanks so much for helping.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »