Talk

Advanced search

Things to do with toddler near Bath Spa?

(7 Posts)
MaryPlain59 Mon 01-Oct-18 05:56:28

I am coming to Bath for the day during Half Term and looking after my one year old grandson while my daughter and son-in-law use a gift voucher at Bath Spa. Can anyone suggest any facilities or activities that are near that area within walking distance that I can take DGS to? Am just thinking that the weather might be bad that day so would like to know about any indoor activities please.

Madcats Thu 04-Oct-18 12:47:15

The Egg Theatre for children is just round the corner from the Spa. It has a lovely little cafe and lots of toys for children to play with. I think they have abandoned the sand pit now though. It is also worth knowing about because there are toilets downstairs (there is a lift if you should need it).
www.theatreroyal.org.uk/your-visit/the-egg/

On Tuesday mornings at 11 (not sure about 1/2 term week) the Little Theatre (a cinema) has a "toddler time" film screening.

There is a small soft play centre at the Sports Centre on North Parade, but that might be a bit too grown up for your grandson (it says popular with 1-5s on the website). There is a little leisure pool that they keep quite warm should you fancy a swim!

On rainy days I often used to take DD to the Victoria Art Gallery. The varnished wood floor is pleasant enough to crawl on and the pictures are hung higher than a toddler can reach (best to go armed with a set of reins if DGS is toddling). They are quite used to having children in for craft activities (loos are upstairs - again there is a lift).

The public library has quite a good selection of picture books. It is on the first floor of the Podium Shopping Centre which also contains Waitrose.

If you are feeling generous, there is a lovely little toyshop called My Small World down in the Southgate Centre next to Debenhams.

MaryPlain59 Tue 13-Nov-18 07:20:16

Thank you so much for your reply Madcats, so sorry I have only just seen it. The Spa day was changed to 1st December so I am going to use your really helpful ideas on that day instead. I really appreciate all the information you gave me x

Urbanbeetler Tue 13-Nov-18 07:24:27

If it’s warm enough, Victoria Park has an amazing number of pieces of play equipment.

Liz38 Tue 13-Nov-18 07:25:10

If the weather is good there is a fantastic kids play park in the Royal Victoria Park. If you fancy taking him swimming there is a good kids pool (shallow with lots of stuff to play with) at the sports centre opposite the cricket pitch, there's loads of other stuff at that complex too. And a cafe!

MaryPlain59 Tue 13-Nov-18 17:41:20

Thank you both so much, that sounds great x

Madcats Thu 22-Nov-18 11:31:45

OP The Christmas market will be in full flow. It will be a mad crush (but it is a bit spread out this year, so hopefully...).

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: