Talk

Advanced search

Moving to Aylsham, Norfolk

(5 Posts)
leahmorton79 Tue 18-Sep-18 16:49:19

Hi all,
My husband, 4 yr old daughter and I will (hopefully) be moving to Hevingham very soon and I wanted to get some information about the area as well as any tips / advice for things to do with young children.

We won't know anyone at all and will be looking to get integrated into the Norfolk life! Any advice on 'putting ourselves out there' would be most welcome.

Thanks in advance.
smile

MrsOssie Wed 10-Oct-18 11:10:56

We have left London and have spent a few weeks travelling around Norfolk looking at different towns and places and we are thinking of moving to Cromer with our five children! Have you moved yet? How are you finding things?

leahmorton79 Wed 10-Oct-18 14:03:23

Haven’t moved yet, looking like mid November.
We’re so excited though 😀👍
Cromer seemed really nice, I am looking forward to living 20 mins from the coast.
We did almost a year of house hunting so we know a lot of places in Norfolk and Suffolk. We liked the seaside towns but I wasn’t sure about how I would cope with the tourist season as it can get a bit crowded. That’s just me though, I’m not good with too many people and traffic!
We found that Aylsham and surrounding areas had the best of both worlds, nice and quiet and rural but so close to Norwich if you needed the city life.
I was told that it takes a while for people to ‘accept’ you in North Norfolk but I’m willing to earn that plus so far everyone we’ve encountered has been super friendly.
Good luck and please keep me informed with your research! X

MrsOssie Wed 10-Oct-18 19:53:30

So we have had a family meeting this afternoon and We seem to have settled where we’re staying in Yarmouth 😳 very different area to what I had planned! Have yet to find a house but I’m hopeful that it won’t be long! Stay in touch won’t you! X

leahmorton79 Wed 10-Oct-18 20:34:06

Hope you find the perfect home xx

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »