Talk

Advanced search

Hi anyone out there in the glasogw area?

(15 Posts)
lomondgal Sat 09-Jun-07 20:59:24

I am 38 weeks preg today and melting in this heat. Baby is breech so don't know what is happening until consultant appt on monday. There we will decide whether to try ECV or go for an elective c section.

midnightexpress Wed 13-Jun-07 11:50:11

Hi there lomondgal, you should come and join us on the pregnancy thread under 'north of the border - bulging bumps and bonnie bairns' - lots of us in glasgow area. most have now dropped but a couple still hanging on there.

LieselVentouse Mon 18-Jun-07 13:49:18

Im still here - 35 weeks. Are you going to the Queen Mothers?

bobsmum Tue 26-Jun-07 17:30:44

Judging by your talk name - you might be near me?

I'm on the bonny banks - east side

VoluptuaGoodshag Tue 26-Jun-07 18:22:42

Moi! But on the southside unlike you lucky people living near Loch Lomond - how lovely!

Cathbell Tue 26-Jun-07 20:47:55

Hi,

I'm also in Glasgow, on the southside. Anyone else live round here?? I am 30 weeks and feeling huge and knackered, anyone else?

x Cath

VoluptuaGoodshag Tue 26-Jun-07 20:49:43

I'm knackered but my two buns are well cooked and aged 2.5 and 3.10.

lomondgal Fri 13-Jul-07 10:37:03

Hi all, sorry I've not been on site since last post!
Bump arrived by c-section at paisley rah on 19 june, she is perfect. Decided against the ecv in the end.
Unfortunately bobsmum I am not on the side of the bonny banks but down the bottom. Love going over your way though, it's beautiful.

Cath how are you feeling now, the last trimester flew in for me, it won't be long now!

Cathbell Sun 15-Jul-07 21:44:12

Hi,

Thanks for replying. Congratulations on your baby! Hows parenthood going? I am having difficulty imagining what it will be like, but not long to go now. I'm tired out and finding it hard to ever get comfotable but very excited as well. I'm 33 weeks now and on mat leave in 2 weeks so I'm sure it will fly by.

Is it how you expected it to be and what if anything has surprised you??

Cath x

AnneD Mon 23-Jul-07 16:24:08

Hi
I'm Anne and I live in the West End. We've only been here about a year.
I'm due on August 3rd with our 2nd baby ... not long to go now

weeonion Wed 25-Jul-07 10:16:06

hi cathbell and anne. sorry no-one has posted on this for a while i am back hom i ireland for a months holiday with my folks and to introduce the bubba to the wider tribe!

cathbell - my weeone is 13 weeks. as for what has been unexpected - hmmmmmmmmmm. i suppose labour was nowhere near as bad as i thought and yep- it really is true that you forget about it all once oyu see your bubba! i actually quit enjoyed labour but i was very chilled and relaxed in the final days before it. i also have found this the hardest worki hae done in my life so really enjoy these remainng bubba free days. unexpectd is how much i enjoy her- she makes me laugh every day and each and every one of these days have been different. sorry for the ramble - coud go on and on....

anne - i ive in the east end but am ove rin the west end quite a bit. we will have to get a meet up whenn your we one has arrived

Kiku Mon 30-Jul-07 23:39:52

Hi all. I have to 3 weeks to go now. cant wait any more :D if any one is up for a meet i would be happy to join as well

Cathbell Tue 07-Aug-07 11:11:13

Hey,

Sorry forgot to check this for the past while. Weeonion Thanks very much for the inspiring message about your baby - good to hear its possible to enjoy labour, and especially what its like afterwards - sick of hearing horror stories! Anne - hope you have had your baby now, but maybe not - let us know! It can't be long now.

Kiku - I have 4 weeks to go and am getting quite impatient some days and others just plain scared how soon it is. I think these last weeks are the hardest. If you still fancy meeting up I would be happy to. I live in the southside but can easily get to the west end or city centre etc. Just let me know if you still fancy it.

xx I wish uninterrupted sleep to all of you, babies or bumps!
xx Cath

suzanne23 Thu 13-Dec-07 15:26:20

hi there,
I'm a journalist and I'm putting together a "mother and baby" supplement for the Sunday Herald newspaper. I'm writing a feature on the benefits of natural birth and alternative pain relief methods in labour. I was wondernig if you would be able have a chat about it or if you not yourself if you knew anyone that has had a positive experience in labour without drugs?
If you think you could help please drop me a line or give me a call on - 07894520359.
Your input would be much appreciated.
Thanks,
Suzanne Morrow x

Cathbell Sun 16-Dec-07 20:14:55

Hi Suzanne,

I would happily talk to you about natural birth and alternatives. I had a home birth assisted by a couple of paracetomols and not a lot else! I believe that more women would have a better experience of birth and consequently an easier time in the early days of parenthood if thety were better supported in childbirth and not undermined by the widespread lack of faith in women's bodies and our ability to birth without intervention. Let know if you want a chat for your article. My email is: cthbell@aol.com

Thanks,
Cath

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »