Talk

Advanced search

Moving to Scotland

(2 Posts)
Londonboy94 Thu 06-Sep-18 18:41:31

So I’m a 23 year old male who currently lives in south London. I’m looking to move to Scotland, I currently work in administration. I want to move somewhere where it is relatively quiet but also a short commute to town centres and somewhere where there are a lot of offices so I can gain employment. Looking to rent a place with a budget of about £1200 a month. I don’t mean this in a horrible way but I don’t want to live in a “rough” area. I quite like the look of dunblane but don’t know what it’s like for gaining employment etc. I don’t mind travelling on a train for work just as long as it isn’t over 40 - 45 minutes. Any help would be great!

celtiethree Thu 06-Sep-18 18:49:56

If you live in a Dunblane you could easily travel to Stirling and Perth by train, there would be office jobs in both locations. You could commute from there to Edinburgh and Glasgow as well, Edinburgh would probably be outside your commuting time but there are some express trains to and from Glasgow. They are in the process of electrifying the train line do perhaps commuting times will reduce. Linlithgow is closer to Edinburgh and is a nice town a bit bigger than Dunblane. Bridge of Allan just down the road from Dunblane would also be worth a look.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: