Talk

Advanced search

Does any one have DC with a free bus pass for public buses?

(3 Posts)
soupforbrains Thu 23-Aug-18 14:15:32

I'm hoping someone will be able to give me some info. DS starts Secondary school in September.

I've finally received a message from Hampshire county council confirming that my son is eligible for free transport (our eligibility is based on distance).

The transport being provided is a bus pass for public transport. That's fine, we live rurally but with a reasonably good public bus services to the town where my son will go to school. There aren't enough kids who travel from the village for it to be worthwhile putting on a specific bus so it's what we expected.

But, can anyone tell me what travel the buss pass will cover? i.e. does it cover travel from point A (home) to point B (school) via any route, does it cover specific times only? or specific routes only? or will it only cover 1 bus route i.e. from home to the right side of town and then DS has to walk the rest? weekdays only? total free for all in our area?

All of these possibilities would be fine, but I just want to know what we're dealing with so that if it's only certain times I know I need to plan for if he stays for a club or has a half day etc.

FATEdestiny Thu 23-Aug-18 14:21:12

I uses to work in a (rural) school where a large number of kids came on public transport with use of a free bus pass.

Theirs is a bus pass for a specific route- ie the bus stop nearest home to the bus stop nearest school. It could be used at any time during term time, but only for that route. Not valid during school holidays.

soupforbrains Thu 23-Aug-18 16:55:39

ok thanks. that's what I expect.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »