Advanced search

Gravesend/dartford mother and baby housing. How much does 18 year old pregnant get toward rent on housing benefits?

(9 Posts)
kbxx Sun 19-Aug-18 10:27:54

Is there any mother and baby housing round dartford/ gravesend. I have to leave my partner because of social services or my baby will get token off me when he is born.
I'm 18 years old and I'm 22 weeks pregnant and I need to find a place ASAP. I don't get a lot of money to pay for my own place, does anyone no what I can do or does anyone know how much housing benefits will pay towards rent on a studious flat for pregnant woman and a 18 year old.

Sarahandduck18 Sun 19-Aug-18 10:33:12

You need to leave him because he is a danger to your baby, not because your social worker has told you to.

Speak to them about rehousing.

There must be a women’s aid in your area-they will advise on what flats or rooms in hostels they have available.

You also need to make a homeless application at your local council.

If you are in a universal credit area you will get that instead of housing benefit.

StealthPolarBear Sun 19-Aug-18 10:36:15

Do you have a family nurse? She or your health visitor should be able to advise on this stuff and the practicalities. And in fact social services should be helping you. Please ask the question s of these people and good luck x

Sarahandduck18 Sun 19-Aug-18 17:40:31

I think you should repost this in relationships.

Hardly anyone will see this on a very local board.

StealthPolarBear Sun 19-Aug-18 22:19:08

Actually I think there's a weird bug that means they show up for everyone. I've reported it. In no where near Kent smile

kbxx Tue 21-Aug-18 19:20:17

Can social service split a 15 year old and a newborn siblings up? My partner has a 15 year old son and trying to get him to live with us through social service. I'm pregnant and social service said to me I can't be with my partner when our baby is born or they will take him when he born. If my partner is aloud to have his 15 year old son live with us would it make it more possible to keep our family together me him his son and our newborn son?

Hopscotch68 Tue 21-Aug-18 19:25:09

Why not ask them?

picklemepopcorn Tue 21-Aug-18 19:36:18

Absolutely not.
He may get access to his older DS because he would be less vulnerable than a newborn. The other child will not help you and your baby.

Honestly, SS don't say this stuff for fun. You need to get away from your partner, or risk harm to yourself and the baby, and the baby be put up for adoption.

lou1221 Tue 21-Aug-18 20:52:39

I have just googled Gravesend Women's aid, lots of help available to you. Otherwise contact Gravesham council or Dartford depending on where you are, they will be able to help. Please take SS seriously. There is a huge chance you may lose yr dbaby if you do not leave yr partner.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »