Talk

Advanced search

Primaries near Fulwell - advice for in-year transfers!!

(1 Post)
melf76 Mon 06-Aug-18 11:14:00

Hello, We are mid-move to Fulwell Road and I have 2 girls going in to Y3 & Y6.
It's too late to visit schools (we were looking elsewhere until the holidays started!) and I'm sure it'll be a case of "we'll go where there's space", and possibly 2 different schools if needs be BUT as I have to put schools in order of preference, I thought I'd request input on our 3 nearest!
To complicate things, my eldest is super-bright and needs lots of challenge (but only has Yr 6 to go) whereas my littley has been average/below though catching up (summer babe) and obvs has 4 years of primary to go... We're moving from Bristol, planning for Waldgrave for secondary...but primaries first so...

STANLEY ROAD - the recent Ofsted seems to have been a shock - were parents shocked? Are you happy with the school? Are kids suitably challenged? Has building work finished and are the facilities/outdoor space good?

ST MARY & ST PETER - we're not religious - will it matter? The Ofsted is fab but very old - do parents think it would retain its 1 if spot-checked? I've heard rumours of "over-crowding" - fair or no?? How would you rate the facilities & outdoor space?

HAMPTON HILL JUNIOR - am worried we'd be a little "out" of the community as imagine most of our road is Stanley but on paper it looks amazing - any reality checks from HHJS parents? Facilities & outdoor space? Clubs look good and breakfast club at 7:30m will be helpful...

Lastly, my 10 year old is tennis-mad, and my 7 yr old a keen gymnast...any recommendations for local clubs?

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE. I'm off to clear out half our belongings to charity and hope the girls don't notice...
Mel

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: