Talk

Advanced search

Commuter Parking near MK Central

(7 Posts)
VeeTea Sun 05-Aug-18 23:02:15

Hi, we’re planning on moving to the West of MK (possibly Whaddon) . Far enough to need to drive 10-15mins to the station. Any advice on cheap parking and making sure you get a spot? We’re considering an electric car and it looks like you can park for free in purple bays but we’re imagining the ones nearer the station get full pretty quickly (as they’re still only 50p per hour for normal cars). Grateful for any advice (also views on Whaddon or any other villages out West v welcome!

Gin96 Tue 07-Aug-18 17:07:42

I think parking is a lot easier if you go from Bletchley than MK, Bletchley is slightly nearer to Whaddon than MK

VeeTea Tue 07-Aug-18 21:46:23

Yeah, I think we need the faster and more frequent trains from MK to make the commute work (and get to nursery pick-up in time) though. We’re only planning on commuting in 3 days and so it seems to work out cheaper to buy singles and bizarrely they’re much cheaper from MK than Bletchley. Finally we like the idea of cycling occasionally and Google suggests that’s a bit quicker to MK than Bletchley. Grateful for any local intell on how busy the roads to MK station get and how easy it is to park

Gin96 Sat 11-Aug-18 14:04:41

Parking in MK station is expensive, we now do have a rush hoursmile it depends when you leave from 7.30am to 8.30am it is busy, it will take you about 20mis, it’s not that far to bike if you go on the redways

mkgirl1 Sat 11-Aug-18 14:15:35

Good luck getting parking at MKC. It is a nightmare these days and you are better off taking a bus. If I were you, I would drive to Bletchley and take the train to MKC. Loads of parking near Bletchley and I know a few free to park spots as well. grin

Gin96 Sat 11-Aug-18 14:46:13

Whaddon is lovely by the way, Musley is another nice village which is close to Whaddon

VeeTea Sat 11-Aug-18 22:16:50

Thanks for all the advice so far! Does anyone know about how easy it is to park in on street parking (purple bays) nearish the station? Looks like we could get those for free with an electric car.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: