Talk

Advanced search

Reigate Grammar - RGS

(4 Posts)
Balancedmum74 Fri 22-Jun-18 10:06:58

RGS - Reigate Grammar is a house - they only take students on track for A*s from the age of 11 .... highly selective, highly academic but with no value add...

OP’s posts: |
Magicmum2 Mon 30-Sep-19 16:24:34

Disagree totally that the school is a hot house. My son has only just started and loves it! The pace and level of work is perfect for him, He's middle of the road academic wise, not the brightest at his previous school but not bottom either. Yes Reigate is selective but I wouldn't say they take just the cream, I know of one child who struggled at his previous school (not academic) and got into Reigate, now he's thriving. They work hard but are valued highly as part of one large family with support all the way.

tulipsandcognac Wed 11-Mar-20 17:59:45

I don’t think you can make such a bright review so far, this dazzling experience they’re selling you at the moment dies off- amazing grades but at the end of the day RGS is a buisness not a school

J33nco Wed 07-Oct-20 22:31:40

Interested to hear the experiences behind these comments if you can elaborate your experience @tulipsandcognac it would be helpful.

@Magicmum2 how is your son doing now? We toured the school today and spent a decent amount of time with the Head. We love the ethos of the school. Far more dynamic and flexible than most (we come from south west london) . It's entrance level isn't A* students but a slightly above average CAT score (significantly lower that similarly performing SW London schools) which would suggest added value, but clearly when you ARE getting those results you have to accept that there is going to be a decent pace!

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in