Talk

Advanced search

activities for teenagers during the summer holiday?

(8 Posts)
Canadawet Tue 19-Jun-18 16:19:15

Any suggestions for DS 14yo (sporty) and DD 13yo (non sporty) locally during the summer? Are they too young for summer jobs? What is the legal age, I don't even know. It is quite difficult at that age, camps are full of primary school kids but not so much of teenagers. I have found Perivale athletics which might do for DS one week, otherwise I fear it is going to be a summer of screens as I work and cannot take them places except when we'll be on holiday. And frankly screens are making them zombies.

Johnb0y Sun 24-Jun-18 08:28:54

Will to win tennis camps.
Raw super camps at at augustins.

Canadawet Mon 25-Jun-18 16:07:14

Yes, we used those 2 camps until they were about 11/12, but they were the oldest there and got very bored and they absolutely refuse to go again this summer. I don't really need childcare at that age, just something for them to do with same age kids.

Johnb0y Fri 29-Jun-18 21:30:02

Hillingdon outdoor activities centre HOAC

MaggieTu Tue 03-Jul-18 17:25:00

There are two non-sporty options at The Questors Theatre this summer:
questors.org.uk/event.aspx?id=743 is Musicals around the World
and
www.questors.org.uk/event.aspx?id=744 is A Play in a Week

BillywilliamV Tue 03-Jul-18 17:30:06

My kids have been going to YMCA day camps for years, they love them.

ReadingRiot Tue 03-Jul-18 17:33:01

I have a of things like paint the shed, wash the car, sort old toys for ebay that will be enforced unless they can show me they are doing something more constructive than screens for at least part of the day.

butterfly990 Tue 03-Jul-18 18:51:47

This one for next year for the eldest one. www.ncsyes.co.uk/

Not sure on the age group on this one, again probably for next year. www.outwardbound.org.uk/

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: