Talk

Advanced search

Moving to Guildford

(2 Posts)
Anicebiggarden Wed 13-Jun-18 12:32:22

Hi all - we are moving out of London to Guildford in the summer - I have two primary aged children and looking for recommendations of (state) primary schools and current view on George Abbot school. I’m a bit nervous about moving so any ideas / suggestions re settling in and making friends very welcome too!

Nunkie Fri 03-Aug-18 14:38:25

Hallo!

This reply is probably a bit late now but I was hanging around here looking for additional primary school info too.

So this is all word of mouth:
the main ones that keep coming up as v good primary schools amongst local Mumfriends are Boxgrove and Sandfields (we are currently thinking of moving to get into the Sandfield catchment, among other reasons). Generally I think you are well-placed for decent schools in Guildford - even Weyfield Academy - which seems to have had its rocky moments in the past - seems to be on the up (Certainly a Mum whose son goes there says big leaps have been made recently).

As far as George Abbott goes, I have also hear good things, but Guildford County has also been repeatedly named as a strong state school in recent years (it is apparently great for musical children)

All that, as I say, is word of mouth, I'm also eager to hear from anyone who has direct experience of any of these too :0) But, as i say, I think you are onto a winner with Guildford generally - I'm not sure i've heard of any total stinkers as far as local schools go.

Hope that helps in some way!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: