Talk

Advanced search

Experienced Guitar Tutor - Reliable and fully DBS checked!

(1 Post)
AndrewMoore Wed 06-Jun-18 12:46:24

Experienced, guitar tutor looking for tutoring opportunities in the Brighton and Hove area at competitive prices (fully DBS checked).

I am looking for tutoring opportunities across Brighton and Hove.

While doing my degree, I came to an understanding of how important musical education is for further development in students in other subjects. I whole-heartedly believe that musical education can lead to responsibility, discipline and great maturity and I would love the opportunity to support a young student to see them grow and achieve excellence in their subjects.

My heart is to make high levels of guitar playing for a student reachable and allow them to see that they can achieve and play anything they can hear!
I have a very successful teaching system with planned lessons in which I believe will not only lead to the student achieving a good level of musicianship but also exceeding their expectation of what they can do.

From tutoring other young people, I have come to realise that to be a good tutor and produce good results, you have to be as good at articulating what you are explaining as well as having the knowledge to teach.

Because of this, the first (and possibly second) session would be me just understanding the level the student is at, where they would like to get to (styles, who they like) and what work is needed to get them to reach the level they hope for (and perhaps much more).
Following from this, we would work through the lesson plan looking at key techniques in which we will build on from lesson to lesson. Once the student has understood that small section, we can then move on to the next section. Each section would involve both me and the student reading the section, me then explaining it in more understandable terms, the student then attempting what I have explained and then working through problems together.

To summarise I will provide:
Guitar Tutoring:
- Tutoring in a range of styles: Blues, R’n’B, Rock, Jazz, Acoustic and Metal
- Mentoring the student to help them grow in confidence to be able to actually play outside of their house and have confidence in themselves.

Also, I provide my own transport and can travel anywhere in the Brighton and Hove area, and further afield if needed, please contact for more details!

For reviews and videos, please checkout my facebook page- www.facebook.com/Andrew.Moore.Guitarist/

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: