Talk

Advanced search

Does anyone know Fowlmere?

(3 Posts)
EPatz Sat 02-Jun-18 19:19:07

I'm considering moving to a house in Fowlmere with my family, and I'd love to know more about the village. I had a look round today and found a couple of pubs, a school and a village hall. Google Maps said there was a Post Office, but I couldn't find one. Everywhere was very quiet! I suppose it's a quiet village anyway, and extra quiet in half term.

Can anyone tell me what it's like to live in Fowlmere with a young family? Is the school good, and is there a preschool? Are there any shops? Where do you go for emergency bread and milk?! Is there a feeling of local community, and would I find things to do and people to hang out with as a SAHM?

I don't live anywhere near Fowlmere yet (I'm on the other side of London), and I'm unlikely to be able to visit again before potentially making an offer on a house, so I'd love any pearls of wisdom. Thanks in advance.

NotAnotherJaffaCake Wed 20-Jun-18 12:21:10

Hopefully you'll still see this! The school is really great - the new headteacher is fab. They also have a swimming pool which you can use outside of school hours too. There's a lovely little preschool, a pub and loads of families. Great green space (the school use the enormous green as a play area, and they use the historic Moat as Forest School). Pub does family events too. No post office though, that closed down a few years ago. There's a shop in Foxton which is open all hours for bread and milk.

EPatz Wed 20-Jun-18 18:35:49

Thank you, that's so helpful! Just the kind of info I was looking for. It does sound like a lovely place to live. Fingers crossed we get the house we've got our eye on...

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: