Talk

Advanced search

Parenting Group/ educational course secure attachment, anyone want to join me?

(3 Posts)
PermacultureMama Fri 25-May-18 16:16:52

Some things to think about if you're wondering what the Circle of Security programme is like with us:

It's not a coffee morning, but you can have a coffee if you like.  
It's an experiential and educational programme to help parents understand and promote a secure attachment in their children. Amongst other beneficial health and interpersonal outcomes, a secure attachment is associated with higher grades, greater emotional regulation, social competence and a (ready) willingness to take on challenges (Bergin and Bergin 2009).

It's delivered by a trained facilitator and therapeutic professional in a confidential group setting i.e. there are group rules around confidentiality.

The programme is grounded in decades of attachment theory, neuroscience and based on the recent findings. It's relevant for parents of children of all ages and gives particularly helpful insights from or before birth.

Parents who go on this programme have all sorts of different motivations and reasons, always a loving commitment to their children, to begin to think about making the 8 week commitment.
All parents have deep love for their children and a strong regard for supporting their wellbeing, this is celebrated in the programme.

From the main Circle of Security Website:

For Parents
At times all parents feel lost or without a clue about what our child might need from us. Imagine what it might feel like if you were able to make sense of what your child was really asking from you. The Circle of Security® Parenting™ program is based on decades of research about how secure parent-child relationships can be supported and strengthened.

Using the COS-P model developed by the Circle of Security originators, our trained Facilitators work with parents and care-givers to help them to:

Understand their child’s emotional world by learning to read emotional needs
Support their child’s ability to successfully manage emotions
Enhance the development of their child's self esteem
Honor the innate wisdom and desire for their child to be secure

There is also a 4 minute video which simply explains some of the benefits and also some of the very normal behaviour patterns that many Parents experience in the relationship with their child/ren. You can find that an more here: vimeo.com/147759926

PermacultureMama Fri 25-May-18 16:18:51

Forgot to mention they can hold it in Newton Abbot, Teignmouth or surrounding areas.

Me and my partner want to do the course but there needs to be more than two for them to run it.

ConnectParenting Fri 01-Jun-18 16:13:44

Happy to answer any questions about this too. smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: