Talk

Advanced search

Commuting from Redbourn to London

(4 Posts)
giley Fri 18-May-18 15:57:47

Hi - Ignoring upcoming Thameslink changes what is the best station to commute to Blackfriars from in the morning? We just had an offer accepted on a house so will be moving there all being well :-)

We'd have two trips - one around 07:30 and the other around 08:45 after school dropoff (unless we find a breakfast club). We'd be driving and parking up. Many conflicting views - most appear to say Harpenden carparks are full by 08:45 but you cannot get a seat at St Albans. Someone also suggested Luton Parkway.

Plus how long do you leave from leaving Redbourn to getting the train - including traffic and parking up. Is 15 mins enough?

Thanks.

theDudesmummy Sat 16-Jun-18 12:13:26

If the Harpenden station car park is full you can park at the other parking across from the police station. Not sure how the costs would work out or a regular commute though, I only need to go to London once or twice a month, so it works for me.

Clutterbugsmum Sat 16-Jun-18 12:43:17

You may want to go to Hemel Hempstead train instead as Thames Link are having horrendous cancellations to trains at both rush hours at the moment and I think they are saying it will be 2020 before it will be sorted.

You may want to look at Harpenden Thames link commuters link to see what the problems they are having.

Clutterbugsmum Sat 16-Jun-18 12:45:37

Sorry I meant to add Luton Parkway would be better as at least the train stops there before going to St Albans missing Harpenden.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: