Talk

Advanced search

FTM looking for mummy friends

(3 Posts)
MollyAllison Sun 06-May-18 22:34:05

Hello there smile

Basically just wanted some advice from fellow mums / mum to be's

I'm a FTM (Due 2nd August) and have been worrying a lot about friendship groups etc when having a newborn, I have been told it can be very lonely especially when partner goes back to work and having a good friendship group around you for support, days out, grown up talk is so important.. only problem being I have no one for that, I haven't kept in touch with a lot of friends from school I drifted from nearly everyone, went to college and have one very close friend and a few other friends from work however no one I would then meet up with outside of work.

I'm starting to think I'm the only one in this position and I don't want my baby growing up to be the same I know this can only change if I get myself out there and meet some mum friends.

Little about me - I'm 24, first time mummy due in August, having a little boy, live in the Low Fell, Gateshead area so plenty to do around me, been with my partner not that long, pregnancy very unexpected however so happy to be welcoming our little bundle in a matter of months!

I'm just looking for any advice maybe tips on how to meet others that are in the same scary position as a first time mum, anyone that lives nearby that feels the same, I'm starting to think I'm the only one without a large group of friends and as much as I'm gonna love spending time with my baby and doing things together I cant help but feel he will grow up to be same unsociable person as me and that's something I really don't want.. sad

Thank you for any advice you can give me blush

MamskiBell Thu 17-May-18 22:40:31

Best bit of advice I can give you is get out every day (after the early days!). It can be very isolating once Dad returns to work. I found out what was going on locally for babies. Baby groups/baby massage....your health visitor will point you in the right direction.

Even just taking them along to get weighed every week. You'll start seeing the same faces and hopefully will strike up a bit of a relationship.

But I liked to have something planned for each day....even just hopping on the bus to town for a bit of a wander (& shop!).

But definately research baby groups and suchlike for your area.

Good luck for baby coming! 😊

Marieamy96 Sat 16-Jun-18 21:38:03

Hi! I'm 21 and a FTM too. My daughter is 1 and I don't have any other Mam friends either. My partner works full time, finding it quite lonely. We mostly go out when he's off work sad I don't live too far away from you. You can send me a PM if you like?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: