Talk

Advanced search

Richmond Primary Admissions

(5 Posts)
RichmondMumof2 Tue 17-Apr-18 13:38:11

Dear Richmond Parents,

My daughter is due to go to school in 2 years time. I wondered how this years admissions went, did you typically get into your Primary School of choice?

It looks like the catchment areas are pretty tight for all the schools.

I am just wondering are folk typically getting in where they wanted? Thanks

flexibleTwerking Wed 18-Apr-18 14:00:51

Council press statement here.

Looks like application numbers were down on last year (Brexit related perhaps?) and so first preferences were up.

Sunshine0925 Mon 23-Apr-18 18:44:29

Most people I know were given their first choice. We are number 1 on a waiting list although are also considering private Primary schools now too. What do you think- are outstanding Richmond primary schools comparable to Kew private primaries? I am finding it really hard to choose between them, can see pros and cons in each.

helterskelter99 Sun 27-May-18 15:50:58

Catchment areas are tight but it’s nice you tend to go to your nearest school which actually is great

Strix Thu 26-Jul-18 13:57:24

Talk to parents at the schools, especially those who have had a change of head. There are two C of E primaries in Twickenham with new heads. One on the way up from "good", and the other on the way down from "outstanding".

Talk to the parents whose children attend the school -- but perhaps not the ones who are also employed by the school.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: