Talk

Advanced search

Relocation to UK after 7 years and looking for secondary schools

(2 Posts)
Maxiba Thu 12-Apr-18 13:20:26

Hi. We just found out that we will be returning to the UK after having lived abroad for 7 years. DH is starting his new Job in Green Park Reading in December. However, we have 2 DS which are currently in year 8 & 9 (at an international school following the British curriculum so oldest DS has just chosen in IGCSE courses). Because of the DS ages I am happy to move this Summer so that our eldest DS can start his GCSE in year 10 this September. So would rent short time till we find a house to buy. But it seems a nightmare trying to find any secondary schools that have spaces. All good schools are oversubscribed and full in year 9 & 10 and then there is the problem of finding a house to rent in the catchment anyway (and of course applying properly after having moved & having an address in the first place). So we are also looking at private schools. Any information/experiences good or bad with Reddam House, LVS Ascot or Sherfield school? Any other recommendations for schools providing senior schools and 6 Form as wouldn't want another school change? We literally just found out about our relocation a couple of days ago and will be visiting schools in early May. Thanks in advance for any information, appreciate it as I am totally lost....

Tiredbutstillwithapulse Thu 03-May-18 15:32:31

Hi Maxiba. Exciting times for you! I have a child at Reddam House. We're all really happy with the school - lots of opportunities (on the stage, in sport and via clubs etc), great teachers, lots of academic stretch and more support if your children need it. I don't know anyone with children at LVS but have a friend with a child at Sherfield. She says there's been lots of changes recently and is a bit worried. Might settle down though. Hope that helps. Good luck with your move.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: