Talk

Advanced search

Help needed on moving to Fife

(3 Posts)
ARC01 Sun 18-Mar-18 00:00:32

We are looking to move to Fife this year.
DH's family live around Kirkcaldy and Burntisland. We love Aberdour and Dalgety Bay but very few houses for sale there! To stay within that area we are also considering outskirts of Dunfermline and Rosyth. Any thoughts on these areas would be really helpful. Also have a 13 yr old to consider so secondary schools too! HELP! 🤤🤞

rb6ac Sat 14-Apr-18 21:55:21

I can't help with secondary schools but we moved to Fife last year and love it. We live in Duloch in Dunfermline - loads and loads of new builds and families. There is a bit of a school problem in that the catchment areas for primary schools is in the process of being changed and there aren't many nursery places BUT it's a lovely community and I think it's only a matter of time before they build more schools to meet demand. Good luck with your move!

Londonboy94 Tue 13-Nov-18 14:35:22

Hi guys.

I am thinking of a possible move to Fife, Scotland, can anyone recommend nice friendly places to live? I have been offered a job in Kirkcaldy so I don't want to b a million miles away from my office, I will be happy with a 30 minute - 45 minute commute.

I am initially looking to rent a small 1 bedroom flat / apartment or house, I have a budget of £700 a month for rent, I also want to be close to places where it's good for shopping and a few bars/pubs etc, but I dont want to be bang in the middle of a noisy neighbourhood and where there is a high crime rate.

some people have recommended actually living in Kirkcaldy, but some people have also said not to move here.

any help would be great!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »