Talk

Advanced search

Sleep Training

(2 Posts)
SleepyMamma Mon 12-Mar-18 12:36:27

Hi

I'm brand new to this site but at my wits end. My 3yo has started waking up in the night and it is taking it's toll on me. He has always had good sleep habits right from birth. I felt so blessed that he was always such a good sleeper but for the last 6 months he has been waking 3/4 times per night.

I wanted to hire a sleep consultant to help me out but hubby is dead set against this. (He also isn't keen on the idea of me using this kind of website for help).

Has anyone hired a sleep consultant before? What kind of questions do they ask? Do they have to stay at the home or can they help via email? Can anyone recommend a good sleep consultant in South London?

Thanks in advance.

pinkgrapefruit21 Wed 13-Jun-18 03:51:50

A sleep consultant will do everything by calls or e mail if you want to go that way, but you will pay a lot of money for what they are “qualified” to do. They teach you about a strict bedtime routine and you basically stick to it, and hey presto, your child will sleep. Except when they are teething, ill, have had a change, are overtired, come back from holiday, go on holiday, the list goes on. Any sensible parenting book will tell you about a bedtime routine. If you already have one which you stick to religiously, since your child already slept well in the past, then just stick to that. Children will go through phases of not sleeping, sometimes with no rhyme or reason. Go to your GP first though, to check that everything is ok health wise.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: