Talk

Advanced search

Haven Riviere Sands surrounding area

(7 Posts)
Dizzy199 Sat 10-Mar-18 10:00:19

We are having a long weekend at Haven Riviere Sands from 23rd to 26th March. Has anyone got any advice on nice days out nearby?
DD is 15months so don't want to waste money on Flambards or similar if there's nothing there for her age, haven't been there since I was a kid so no idea what they offer!
We live in North Cornwall so don't want to go too far from the St Ives/Hayle area, we'll end up back home again!
DDs very active, good at walking, very inquisitive, loves animals. Especially if she can touch them.
Any views on Lands End? Is it worth the bother and money? I've always vaguely avoided it on principle, but seeing as it won't be a special trip I would go if it's worthwhile.
Thanks smile

Dizzy199 Sat 10-Mar-18 11:41:42

Anyone?

Dizzy199 Sat 10-Mar-18 11:43:43

Anyone? blush

Bridgeofpies Sat 10-Mar-18 11:50:46

Hello! My Mum is from that area and it’s like a home from home! We love it (2 DC age 5 and 2). When we go, we like:

- rock pools at Portreath
- beach at Marazion (lovely views of St Michaels Mount and it’s a nice safe beach - the one at Hayle has some nasty rip currents so you need to be careful - although the tide goes out a lovely long way and the beach is full of little Paddling pools of sand!)
- visiting St Michael’s Mount itself (National trust)
- paradise park nr Hayle has animals and soft play etc
- Trevaskis Farm has a really nice restaurant (good for kids) and farm shop AND you can wander around the farm and look at the animals for free. Plus when in season they do pick your own fruit and veg.
- Greek seal sanctuary is a bit further afield but also good
- St Ives has some lovely beaches too but beware of seagulls they are really aggressive and will snatch food - I got a scratched cheek from a seagull grabbing my ice cream out of my mouth! There are also a few rock pools in st Ives.

Hope that helps!

Dizzy199 Sat 10-Mar-18 12:12:52

Thanks! I've been attacked by the gulls at St Ives too, I was thinking this morning that I would have to be careful not to let DD eat anything outside. I'm hoping that the weather is good enough for the beach, but need some wet weather contingency plans I think! Have you been to flambards recently? Is there anything for toddlers?

Sneezeandooops Mon 12-Mar-18 22:54:03

For us it would be the beaches rain or shine. We get the train from the salting to st Ives and spend hours on the beach. Same as pp mind the gulls. Hayle has a lovely play park, no grass around the equipment so no mud.
Haven't been to flambards in years tbh it's the prices that put me off we would be looking at £60-£70 to go. But for wet days there is 1to11 soft play right next door to flambards. Hope you have a lovely little holiday

Dizzy199 Tue 13-Mar-18 07:48:38

Yes, I've looked at flambards website - ouch!
North Cornwall doesn't have trains (sounds bizarre, I know) so i hadn't thought of train trips - I think DD would like the novelty!
and me, I love trains

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: