Talk

Advanced search

Looking for a home, Worsley or Wilmslow?

(3 Posts)
ElAndy Wed 07-Mar-18 23:33:28

Hello guys, I am currently looking for a place to buy in Manchester for me and my partner. The problem is that we are not from this area, therefore, we do not know which areas are safe to live at.

We would like to spend around 300k, 350k being the max for a 3/4 bed detached home. I have been looking for Hale, Worsley, and Wilmslow but there is not much choice, especially in Hale being 550k the cheapest detached home.

I know roughly the big names but not much more than that, I was super convinced to go to Worsley in Ellenbrook but I feel like Wilmslow is a nicer place, so I'm not sure!

Please let me know of any safe areas where you can start a family and not have to worry about getting stabbed. I am soft therefore wouldn't like a rough area.

Many thanks!

Workingmom3 Wed 11-Apr-18 20:55:49

Hi, I’m relocating to Manchester too and looking to buy a house in Didsbury area. I’m from Sheffield and don’t know Manchester at all, Wonder if you could give some advice please? I will be working at North Manchester hospital and St Mary’s- how long does the commute take from East/ West Didsbury? Is it better to take M60 or Princess street? I heard Didsbury has good schools, could you suggest a good one please? Any advice would be really appreciated! Thanks x

Cody13 Sun 12-Aug-18 13:55:39

Hi Mums,

We are living in London and are relocating to Manchester with kids and a budget to buy at £80,000.

Can anyone recommend areas please? Is North Manchester better then East? Oh my husband needs to get into the centre for work as well .

Thanks for you advice if any as it will help us a lot x

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: