Talk

Advanced search

Teaching kids about money

(5 Posts)
BethNebula Sat 24-Feb-18 19:13:30

Hey everyone, I'm thinking of building a product to help teenagers with personal finance. When you talk to your kids about money, do you feel they don't understand its value? Do you think schools are doing enough to teach personal finance?

MissHayley Wed 16-May-18 15:21:33

Hi Beth. I don't think schools do enough to teach kids about money and how to handle finances. I'd love to know what your product is that you're looking to create?

niknac1 Wed 16-May-18 15:30:03

My children are definitely more careful with their own money rather than our money. I am trying to I still the value of money by getting them to pay for things they want, rather than giving them the actual item. This element of choice allows them to consider the purchase more.

MissHayley Thu 17-May-18 14:37:03

I think you're absolutely going the right way about teaching them the value of money. If you simply give kids what they ask for, they don't really absorb the real value of it. I know they're teenagers, but do you think you could adopt a method with them and maybe incorportate pocket money for helping out with chores and such...maybe this will show them that money is earnt and not given?

BethNebula Wed 22-Aug-18 12:27:18

Hi MissHayley - so sorry I didn't get back to your comment. If you want, feel free to email me at beth@nebulawebinars.com and I'd happily go into detail about the course!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »