Talk

Advanced search

Moving to Hazel Grove - no info re meet ups etc for new mums

(1 Post)
Sarah8418 Wed 21-Feb-18 08:04:49

Hi everyone,

We've just sold our house STC. We've been on the market for almost a year so hubby is v.keen on us moving out so we can be a cash buyer for next house. I'm due next Sunday and we'll be moving in with mil to her house in hazel grove. Probably end of April.

Thing is, I don't know the area or anyone around there. I don't want to be reliant on my mil for my social interaction. I have depression and have been under mental health midwifes in my area. I'm trying to get my head around transferring all mine and little ones care, moving a house with pets and giving birth for the first time!

To keep me sane, I know I need to make an effort to get out and about during the days. Are there any cheap groups in Hazel Grove? I'm carless ATM and maybe when we move so walking distance is a must. My mil lives a stone's throw from stepping hill. Church groups etc are fine. I'm just trying to find something to do each day that gets me out and meeting new mums.

Also is there a pool nearby for baby swim? I live near bury ATM and there's tons on where we live. I've had a look at Stockport Nct, but there doesn't seem to be much on. I'll carry on doing my own research but any suggestions or known groups, I'd be grateful to hear about them. X

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »