Talk

Advanced search

Halstow or greenwich schools

(2 Posts)
Gra18 Tue 20-Feb-18 14:04:44

I'm hoping someone can help me and let me know if Halstow is still a good school, u can only find information for 2012-14 and I know there is a new head and also it's changed to an academy (although I don't quite understand the implications of this). Currently relocating so trying to ensure we are in a good catchment area. Other schools we are looking at are Meridan, Invicta but we really don't have an idea where to begin.

Snowyrange Tue 06-Mar-18 13:58:16

OK I have some knowledge of local greenwich schools.

Halstow should remain outstanding as people spend a great deal of money to rent and work the system to get their children in, or if they are wealthy enough they buy an overpriced house to ensure they are in catchment. It is an academy.

Implications of academy status are not great but with Halstow you will find that the parents will want to ensure the school is of a good standard as they will have paid so much to live in the area,

Meridian is a good school, as is Millennium.

Invicta is supposedly outstanding and I would say that is probably your best bet.

There are a great deal of good schools in Greenwich, it is Secondary level that concerns people.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: