Talk

Advanced search

Move to Fifr8

(2 Posts)
ARC01 Tue 20-Feb-18 08:25:19

Hi. I could really do with some help and advice. We are looking to relocate closer to DHs family. They live in Kirkcaldy and Burntisland. We recently looked at Dalgety Bay and liked it but not much for sale. We have a daughter in her 2nd year at secondary school (age 13!) so need to consider schools. Can anyone recommend areas to consider? Thanks 😊👍

gryffen Sat 24-Feb-18 13:47:46

Hiya,

Im actually from Kirkcaldy and my mum was a teacher for 40yrs in Capshard so i can recommend Kirkcaldy well.

Kirkcaldy has expanded a lot with the addition of Capshard Estate, Hollybrae etc and its meant to get even bigger, major reworks are due down in THall etc.

Your first port of call is going to be catchment areas in case they have changed, i went from Caps to KHS straight away with the option of either St Andrews or Balwearie.
Second is transport - yeah the fife circular is good from trains and buses so just depends on what you fancy doing.

Anything else i can think of is just experience from my mum etc and shes still active in her schoo as art teacher etc so she knows a lot of recent changes etc.

feel free to ask me anything.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »