Talk

Advanced search

Recommending architect/building design company in Hertfordshire for loft conversion/planning

(2 Posts)
Beckspence Fri 16-Feb-18 08:27:41

To give you an idea, we have a very small Victorian terrace house, and never thought we would get planning for a loft conversion (nobody in our area had one)

With this company’s help and advice, we were able to have a loft conversion which has made the world of difference and added lots of value to our house! The only downside was the amount of work we had to have done when the stairs had to be moved to ensure there was a ‘fire safe escape’ (which was actually the best advice as we can now sell as a ceritified 3 bed house, instead of 2 Ben plus loft conversion/office space)

We used a fantastic architect who came round to look at the property, drew up the drawings and recommended a builder. The initial site visit was £50 (which was then taken off invoice) which didn’t seem much at all, if they were going to come round and say nothing could be done - it was worth the chance

The guys I used were young, full of knowledge and had young families (I trusted they weren’t going to rip me off)

We have had our loft conversion for 2 years now and it’s the best thing we did - saved us a TON of money moving house and upsizing! london/outter London house prices are just ridiculous now!!

If you live in London/herts/bucks etc I’m happy to recommend them!!

Wildestflower Sun 03-Feb-19 20:06:13

Yes please!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: