Talk

Advanced search

Kingston park

(5 Posts)
Shnazzyshot Thu 15-Feb-18 11:08:49

Can anyone tell me what this area is like to live please?

we are hoping to move here in the summer. Our children will be going into year 1 and year 3 in September. I can see online that there is a space from my eldest but the current reception class is full. Does anyone know much about the school? Just wondering if it's likely that a space will open up for my youngest in September.

Any information/opinions would be gratefully appreciated! smile

Shnazzyshot Thu 15-Feb-18 19:13:28

Bump

KellySm Tue 20-Feb-18 17:56:23

Hi.

Its a great place to live, nice area and safe for kids. Its also close to a Tesco, Next, M&S etc in the shopping centre, good transport links, close to the the A1 and Metro. Schools I'm not sure about, but there is a nursery 5 minutes away called Kenton Park Nursery School which is brilliant. Hope this helps!

Shnazzyshot Thu 22-Feb-18 21:38:44

Thank you for replying. We went and had a drive round and it seems lovely! It's just the schools I'm worried about now.

Thanks for the nursery recommendation but both of mine are school age now.

Laura4127797 Mon 26-Nov-18 15:54:58

Hi I’m new to mumsnet and looking for some advice.
I’m from Scotland and looking to move to Newcastle in the next month or January ,I know that’s not a lot of time but hey ho it’s all systems go.
Now I have a daughter who was born 07/01/08 who is 10 and my partner has a daughter born 20/08/07 who is 11 , they have 5 months of an age gap both girls are in p7 in Scotland here , but I have now come to realise this is different in England / Newcastle can someone please tell me how the process works and would one child either repeat a year or jump a year, I have tried to speak to city council and called round a bunch of schools and havnt been successful at getting the correct information. We are looking to move to the Kingston Park area due to work commitments,
Any views ? Recommendations as to what schools are best not Kenton the reviews are horrendous 🙄🙄 . I do know my way round Newcastle I’m a frequent visitor but if I’m moving children it’s a whole different ball game any info appreciated 💞 I really just don’t want the girls to suffer with school and then splitting them up is not ideal .

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »