Talk

Advanced search

Meeting other mams

(8 Posts)
Amyxmarie Wed 14-Feb-18 18:39:37

Hi everyone is there any mams out there who would like to talk and meet up? I'm finding it hard to meet other mams. I'm quite shy and chickend out of baby groups when I found I was the youngest there (I'm in my early 20s) and found it hard to talk to people sad.

I would love to meet for a coffee and a chat. I'm a stay at home Mam so I get quite lonely, and all my friends have seemed to forget about me now I have a baby! Thank you smile

BackforGood Wed 14-Feb-18 23:21:12

I'm miles from you , not young, and my dc are grown up, but have you tried mentioning this to your HV ? She may well come across someone else in the same position, or might even know of a group specifically for younger Mums ?
or
Go down to your nearest Children's Centre and find out what they have going on
or
Ask in your local FB group if anyone can recommend any Stay and Play groups, then go and try a few out, as they are all different and have a different 'vibe'. When anyone asks in my local area, I'm staggered how many different groups there are. Many of them are also heavily subsidised by local Church groups.

Alice2014 Thu 15-Feb-18 09:22:29

Roughly where abouts are you and how old is your dc? Can recommend a few groups depending on age and area. I’m back at work now so unfortunately won’t be able to meet for a coffee but can recommend some welcoming places to you.

UpTownFuck Thu 15-Feb-18 09:27:42

Hi, I'm also in Newcastle! I'm 23 with a 3 year old and never did baby groups either, there's a fab Facebook group called punkymomsuk non judgemental and they do meet ups smile

Amyxmarie Thu 15-Feb-18 12:06:52

Thanks everyone! I live in the walkergate area and my little girl is 8 month old now, UpTownFuck that's brilliant I'll check the group out, what area do you live? 😁

UpTownFuck Sat 17-Feb-18 07:54:12

I'm in North shields, so not too far from you, everyone kept telling me id make lots of mam friends but I'm shy As well and never had much in common with people at baby groups as they were older and not really interested in me, so I know how you feel

Grumblerumble Sat 17-Feb-18 09:13:35

Hello

Have you tried contacting your local Red Cross? There is a project running in some areas of the country called connecting communities which supports people to attend groups or activities if they’re feeling a bit lonely. They might be worth a try as they can match you with someone to help you find groups and who can attend with you so it’s not so daunting going for the first few times!

Naatgrace Thu 03-May-18 22:02:31

Hi, I’m in the same boat, I’m 23 with a little girl and also a stay at home Mam so I totally know how lonely it can be! I’m also quite shy so don’t really like going to groups because I feel like everyone looks at me because I’m normally the youngest there so I know exactly how you feel!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: