Talk

Advanced search

Nurseries with longer opening hours

(9 Posts)
Mumtobeedinburgh Mon 12-Feb-18 09:22:53

Hi all, I was wondering if anyone knows of nurseries within Edinburgh that have longer opening hours that 8-6?
Thanks smile

messyhair1 Sat 24-Mar-18 16:54:40

very hard to find one that operates for so long. How about using a childminder? greater flexibility

Mumtobeedinburgh Sat 24-Mar-18 19:41:03

Do you have any one/a company you could recommend? Any advice would be great. A nanny full time would be too expensive I think

messyhair1 Sun 25-Mar-18 06:33:20

mine is just next to the Meadows and is very good, but she has a long waiting list already.
How old is dc and where do u prefer?

ShyOyster Sun 25-Mar-18 06:44:02

The longest opening hours I’ve found was 7:30 to 6:30 which is not that much longer than the usual 8-6. My boy is at school now though so something might have changed. If you need longer hours, I would definitely look into childminders, they often offer better flexibility.

KingLooieCatz Tue 27-Mar-18 14:04:04

It sounds like you're not clear on the difference between childminders and nannies. A nanny would work for one family and look after only that family's children. A childminder usually works from their own home and may mind children from several families, so the cost is spread. Can be similar cost to nursery and offer more flexibility. There are pros and cons to each childcare option.

Mumtobeedinburgh Thu 29-Mar-18 21:11:10

Ah ok thank you - so could combine nursery & child minder if/when needed or go one or the other

messyhair1 Mon 02-Apr-18 09:12:42

yes, you could ask your childminder to take dc to the nursery and pick them up afterwards. Normally they won't charge you for the time when dc are in the nursery unless your nursery is really far away I guess.

Mumtobeedinburgh Mon 02-Apr-18 09:45:23

I am Stockbridge/Crewe Road South area,so a bit far away for your child minder probably. Realised I didn’t answer your previous question - currently 21 weeks pregnant and looking at childcare from July 2019 time

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: