Talk

Advanced search

Kingston vs St. Helier

(5 Posts)
SingaVera Fri 02-Feb-18 12:43:02

Hi all

this is my first pregnancy. I'm 40+ with EDD early October.

I need to choose between St Helier and Kingston Hospitals and was wondering if anyone had experience with either or even both they could share and let me know.

thanks xx

Agerbilatemycardigan Fri 02-Feb-18 12:46:48

I had my youngest DD in Kingston. It was absolutely fine. She was my third, so I only stayed in overnight.

ReelingLush18 Sat 03-Feb-18 10:09:39

No direct experience of either myself but I've heard only positives about Kingston Hospital maternity services (some mums-to-be choosing it over St George's). On the other hand, a much more mixed bag of reported experiences for St Helier Hospital.

Good luck, OP.

curlyrebel Wed 07-Feb-18 22:13:35

I gave birth to my 10 month old DD (my first) at St Heliers. The midwives were fantastic. I really appreciated how genuinely helpful and friendly they were before, during and post birth. It is a dated hospital though so don’t expect massive birthing rooms or lots of space in the wards. I found it helpful to look at hospital websites for photos/videos of the facilities and also read their inspection reports. Hope that helps!

SingaVera Thu 08-Feb-18 11:27:44

Thank you all! I had a chat with both hospitals and they seemed equally good in terms of service. I also watched their online videos. I decided to give St.Heliers a go, purely as it's a bit closer and there is less traffic going that way during rush hour.... smile let's see how it goes smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: