Talk

Advanced search

Moving to Radford coventry

(12 Posts)
Johney Mon 22-Jan-18 07:17:56

Currently living in Surrey and I am planning to buy a house and move to Radford Coventry.I have a little boy he is 4 now.like to hear good and bad About this plan.

SharedLife Mon 05-Mar-18 10:53:57

I lived in Radford until my son was 4, we moved to be closer to my mum for child care- nothing personal to Radford.
You have Jubilee Crescent which has lots of shops locally. And its a 10 minute drive to the centre of the city.
Its a multicultural area, possibly because the houses are cheaper than the surrounding Coundon and Keresley. Your child will have a diverse group of friends at school.
Can I ask why Radford? Coventry has different and unique areas so if you tell me what you are looking for in an area i might be able to advise you better 😊

Johney Thu 08-Mar-18 08:19:16

Thanks,I found the house on the border with Coundon.We was looking for good catholic schools, close to town and reasonable price also I work for Wickes it’s only 5 min drive.So far all looks good to me.

Thanks

SC459 Fri 13-Jul-18 22:46:23

Hi there, if you are still active on here I live nearby and can offer advice and help! Although by now you're probably all settled. Hope you like living in Coventry

AlwaysUseHandcream Wed 15-Aug-18 23:51:54

I’d welcome some info on Radford SC459 pls. We’re thinking of relocating to Coventry next year. Thank you.

SC459 Sun 09-Sep-18 19:48:57

Hello, sorry for the late reply! Radford is great for amenities, shops nearby. Jubilee Crescent is one street full of all types of shops, a chemkst, petrol station, banks etx so you have everything you need on your doorstep! very good links to city centre also. Some good schools too!

SC459 Sun 09-Sep-18 19:49:49

Sorry for the typos! New phone and still can't use it!!!! Any more questions fire away and I'll check back here regularly!

AlwaysUseHandcream Mon 10-Sep-18 13:50:11

Thanks SC459. I have a few questions if you don't mind. We were told by an estate agent to avoid Radford, so we've also been looking at Coundon, Eastern Green, Finham (very pricey!!!), Earlsdon, and Cheylesmore. The houses in Radford are very nice though and attractively priced - is there anywhere we should really avoide though? Need a good primary school for my wee boy too, are the school catchment areas strict? Is the traffic into the centre likely to be gridlocked during rush hour like everywhere else? I'm likely to think of more questions to send as they come to me, sorry smile

SC459 Mon 10-Sep-18 23:56:58

Hello, all questions welcome so fire away!
Coundon is considered slightly nicer although in my opinion, Radford and Coundon basically merge together as one area with no distinct difference! Avoid Burnaby Rd as its a very busy road and not that nice, quite run down. Traffic can be busy of a morning getting into town down the main Radford Rd (B4098 which is the main road leading in and out of the city centre from the Radford area) but there are back streets which you can use to bypass this and it will be much quicker! I don't find that it's a gridlock as such just a bit slow moving. Bus connections brilliant and you can reach city centre in about 5 min from Radford.
Schools wise, there's St Augustines and Hill Farm in Radford and also Radford Primary Academy. Coundon Primary school is very good and do accept children from outside the Coundon area if they have space. Hollyfast is also a good school. Some nice parks in the area for kids to play. You really have everything on your doorstep here. Any more questions fire away! X

SC459 Mon 10-Sep-18 23:58:26

Nice housing on Daimler Green in Radford!

SC459 Tue 11-Sep-18 09:23:44

Coundon is nice to live, also Earlsdon. Styvechale and Finham lovely but more expensive. Areas in Coventry to definitely avoid are: Bell Green, Wood End, Foleshill.

Pammie70 Tue 06-Nov-18 13:07:17

Just to add I am on the border of Coundon but live in Chapelfields. Look at Allesley Park, lovely community feel with good schools and Pre-school (lived there for over 20 years pre divorce).

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: