Talk

Advanced search

Recent Newborn or Expectant Mum? Expectant Mum?

(1 Post)
NikkiatTavistockNHS Mon 08-Jan-18 22:46:36

Dear Mums and Mums to be,

I hope the new year finds you well!

My name is Nikki and I am currently training in Child and Adolescent Psychotherapy with the NHS at the Tavistock and Portman Centre in London, although I am local to West Sussex.

I am looking for a newborn baby up to 4 weeks old or a Mum who is expecting a baby very soon to help me with an infant observation as part of my training.

The infant observation that I am expected to complete is of a baby from as near to birth as possible up until they are 2 years old in their family. The aim is to learn from the observation experience about very ordinary early development such as relationships and communication and observations would take place for an hour a week in the family home.

My role as an observer is to pay close, friendly attention to the detail of the baby’s interaction and communication in their family. As a student I would be observing to further my own learning, not as part of any professional role I may have outside of the course. I am however, fully DBS checked and have extensive experience working with children and young people in a professional setting.

From my professional experience, I have noticed the lack of easily accessible mental health care for children and young people in the U.K. I am passionate about changing this and hope to qualify to therapeutically help children and young people in the future.

If you would like to help me with my training, or simply want to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me. I am happy to pass on additional contact details in a private message or email at nikkireeves_13@hotmail.co.uk

Please share with anyone who you think may be interested.

Many thanks,

Nikki

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: