Talk

Advanced search

Moving to the seaside!

(10 Posts)
Smeeds Mon 08-Jan-18 11:24:30

Hi everyone! I’m new to Mumsnet!
Just need alittle advice if anyone has alittle time.
We are thinking very seriously about moving to Suffolk after loving summer trips to southwold etc. We are currently in Bedfordshire so it’s a big decision but my dad is in Great Yarmouth .
We are looking currently at Saxmundham and surrounding areas. We have a 5 year old and need alittle advice on the best places to bring up children and if there’s a lot to do with young families/schools etc.
Any reassurance and advice would be greatly appreciated! smile

gardeningsarah Sun 14-Jan-18 17:24:28

Saxmundham has grown significantly in the last few years, with plenty of new housing. there is a primary school and senior school in the town. Also it has a train station that will give you access to Woodbridge/Ipswich and Lowestoft.

Where will you be working? because that may well have a bearing on the best place to live.

Smeeds Mon 15-Jan-18 10:46:46

Hi Sarah, to be honest my husband may have to commute to work for a while. I would aim for a school hour job. We are not really fixed on a spot at the moment, exploring the areas around. My main focus is to not be further than 50 mins from Great Yarmouth and to be based in a lovely village great for being up my young children.
Thanks for replying I do appreciate.

Smeeds Mon 15-Jan-18 10:47:50

** bringing up!!

QuizteamBleakley Mon 22-Jan-18 14:38:38

PM'd you @Smeeds.

VileyRose Sat 27-Jan-18 11:51:48

I'm not far from Sax. It's a lovely area! My Children are 13, 11, 5 and 2. Try Rendlesham/ Wickham market too for more going on for families. Rendlesham is also Farlingaye catchment.

I moved to the Suffolk coast from Dorset last year. No regrets.

Smeeds Sat 27-Jan-18 20:02:59

Hi Vileyrose.
Thanks for your advice, I really appreciate it. Have a few house viewings around many different areas! So at least we can make our mind up the types of houses and areas we favour and go from there!
smile nice to know you feel you made the right decision moving, it’s so difficult with kiddies and uprooting but they adapt sometimes better then us!! So I hope it will be the best decision for us too. smile

VileyRose Mon 29-Jan-18 07:38:20

Mine adapted really well and are far happier now. Message me if you need advise.

Smeeds Mon 29-Jan-18 11:04:03

Thank you, I will do. I really appreciate your advice. It’s nice to know there are people that have made the move and feel better for it.

VileyRose Mon 12-Mar-18 20:23:17

Any update?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: