Talk

Advanced search

Relocating to lancashire

(4 Posts)
Lowri87 Sun 07-Jan-18 14:10:43

Hi,
Looking for some expert advice.
My partner has just started a new job with BAE samlesbury, we are considering re-locating from Anglesey. We are 30 and 31 no children. We would be looking for somewhere that is sociable with nice bars and restaurants. Wasn't keen on preston city itself. I am a nurse therfore would probably be looking to work in preston hospital i guess. Partner would be willing to commute around 30 minutes to work from home.
Where would be the place we should consider moving to?

aligloo Thu 11-Jan-18 19:51:17

Great Eccleston is a nice village, and a fabulous pub restaurant over the main road in little Eccleston called the Cartford. It's about 25 mins from RPI via the back roads. Poulton le Fylde is a bit further but nice. Also consider parts of South Ribble E. G Penwortham or Higher Walton. Further afield the Ribble Valley is great, look at Whalley. North is Lancaster and the area of Scotforth is nice, (south of the river) as is Galgate. Good luck.

Anasnake Thu 11-Jan-18 19:53:41

Buckshaw

Wendy580 Sat 07-Apr-18 12:56:38

Clitheroe and Whalley area. Called the Ribble Valley. Lovely area with the best restaurants, bars, shops and homes.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »