Talk

Advanced search

East Northamptonshire mums

(3 Posts)
mum2bemay22 Sun 07-Jan-18 08:41:23

Hello!!
I’m going to be a first time mum in May and looking to make some mum friends. I’m 24 at the moment and married. Since telling our ‘best friends’ we are expecting everyone seems to have backed away from us and we now don’t seem to see anyone which is really upsetting but onwards and upwards. Hoping to meet local mums to be or mums already! Hoping Mat Leave isn’t going to be as lonely as others say it is ☺️

eastmidsmum Wed 24-Jan-18 21:31:02

Hi, I'm in Thrapston, and was sorry to see that you haven't had any replies! Am afraid I'm at a different stage to you, being twice yr age, divorced and with a 10 and 12 year old! The obvious place to meet other expectant mums would be antenatal classes, does your surgery run any? NCT used to run them locally, but I have no idea if they're still going. Maybe Nene Centre does Aqua natal sessions?? When yr maternity leave starts you should be welcome at any mums and tots groups, even without a baby. I can put you in touch with the one in Ringstead, or a Toddler/Baby session at St James Church Thrapston, but unfortunately the only thing in Raunds I know about is Rhymetime at the Library. Oh, and is there still a tots group at Saxon Hall? I also know of a friendly tots group in Rushden. Let me know if you want more info, and I hope you start getting to know other mums to be soon. Maternity leave shouldn't be lonely as long as you can get out and talk to others in the same boat.

Abcdefhi Mon 03-Sep-18 20:16:46

Hi
I am from raunds and first time mum. My little one was born in July..
how are you finding it?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: