Talk

Advanced search

First birthday party venue - HELP

(2 Posts)
MancUnicorn Tue 16-Jan-18 00:50:38

Only just seen your post and don't really know if this is helpful or not, as I'm not used to Glasgow, but I know back home there were several parties held in some churches. Churches that have a spare area that is used for things such as Brownies and Guides will sometimes let you hire a bouncy castle and put out a buffet for the adults. I know that's what a lot of my brothers friends have done anyways. Obviously if there is drinking I am not sure how they would respond.
Hope you've either sorted it already or it gets sorted soon! x

pyjamapyjama Fri 05-Jan-18 16:05:38

I am actually going slightly insane with planning my son's 1st birthday party. I'm looking for a venue around southside glasgow/paisley/Renfrew, around 25 adults and 6 kids.

I just literally want a room with tables and chairs, provide my own food, can decorate it myself with balloons etc. Maybe a few soft play toys or bouncy castle but now essential as my son has 5000 large toys that I could bring to make a little play area (there will only be 3 kids under 3, the rest are 7ish). But this seems to be impossible and it's all "such and such cost per child, a minimum of 10 kids" but to be honest it's not that kind of party!!

The reason I initially didn't want to host it at a soft play or something was because I knew not a lot of kids would be coming and it'd be more adults - just wanted a place to celebrate his birthday with all the family in a space big enough to hold us!!

Can anyone recommend anywhere before I actually lose my mind?? Thank you in advance blushgrin

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »